* New single-page create or edit appointment: This improved UI will facilitate streamlined data entry. Other features include a “find time” feature so that you can quickly find available time on your teammates calendars for meetings, replacing the previous flow where user would input start time and duration with a start and end time UI, moving the feature to add URLs to a popup up, expanding the location field to 320 characters so that users can paste long zoom or webex URLs into that field.
*Copy Template: when a user searches for a template to use to populate a new matter with the organizations files and folders we ONLY present templates to which they are a member with access (this avoids awkward flow where we would say “you don’t have permission to copy this template”). Also, if no sub-folders exist in the new matter we automatically create a “General” folder.
* Optimized sync flow: To avoid “bounce-back” emails when editing deadlines in matters that had been shared to users that had left the firm, we had been performing 4 queries to Microsoft Graph API for each event, which mean that when editing a trial date that has 70 deadlines running off it we would make 280 calls to graph API. We have optimized this flow to provide for a better UI/UX by send queries in batches so that for the same query instead of making 280 calls we re making 8 API calls. This will create a better and more reliable user experience going forward. In fact, we have measured that this improves sync speed by 10x!
* Better flow to manage departed users and bounce-backs: We modified the calendar flow so that when a user email is deleted we no longer rely on successful calls to avoid bounce-backs on matters that had been shared to that user (firm may still have to create an alias account to avoid bounce-backs the first time an event is cancelled after user is removed as an attendee on the calendar event).
* Display actual date on trigger date list for a matter if user has entered value: When a user enters a trigger date like 12/7/2019 “commencement date” in our app, when the user goes back to calculate more deadlines they will see that the description is now GREEN nd reads “Commencement Date [12/7/2019]”. This will make it easier for user docketing deadlines to identify deadlines they haven’t yet calculated. Edit repeat calculation description: while editing the date for a repeat calculator (like a “motion for SJ”) we have added an “edit” link so that the description can be re-worded (like a “motion for SJ per order 12/7/2019”). A “history” record will be created recording who changed the description, and when they did it).
* Conformed language on calendar events created by external calendar service with language on calendar events created by internal sync which uses Graph API so that same outlook rules can be used for both (also added the word “INTERNAL” or “EXTERNAL” to calendar event footer so that users can see which sync product created event).
* Internal and External Calendar entries: A small change has been made to the footer of each calendar entry identifying whether the calendar entry was created from “Internal” or “External” calendar sync products.
* New matters auto shared to docketing user: If a an email account has been designated as a “docketing user” by LawToolBox (your account representative has to do this for you) then all NEW matters that are set up will be auto-shred to this user. Also, once a matter is shared to a docketing user it CANNOT be UNSHARED.
* When setting up new matter it will reflect who matter is auto shared to without user having to manually refresh page.
* Audit Sharing: A new feature has been added for quick analysis of any sync issues where users can quickly see who is shared on a matter and who is a member of the Microsoft group. If a user says an even did not make it to their calendar the first step of debugging the issue is to check matter sharing.
* When you add a calendar event one-at-a-time from the deadline chart, the event immediately turns green to reflect the it has been added to calendar (and you cannot add multiple instances of this event).
* Added “Sync” filter on deadline chart: After you apply the first filter (future deadlines, all deadlines, past deadlines) you can further filter the deadline chart by viewing only those items that have synced, items that have not synced, or all items synced and not synced. This view filter is not currently reflected when deadline chart is edited.
* Releasing first version of Firm and Matter Contacts; includes all fields from Outlook contact plus additional fields for social media links; allows for complete tag management at firm and matter level including ability to edit or delete tags across entire organization; included ability for any user to add notes to firm or matter contact which persist even when user removed from organization; when firm contact removed it persists in matters.
*When you open your LawToolBox Add-in in Outlook, you will see a new “pin” in the upper right-hand corner of our add-in. This is a brand-new feature that we are one of the first companies to incorporate that allows users to pin open the LawToolBox add-in then navigate between emails without having to close and re-open the add-in saving you oodles of time!
*admin switches for document folders, shared inbox, OneNote, calendar, and custom path for doc folders to modern team site
*tab > updated waffle menu, added people icon to retrieve relevant users, added firm contacts to create central location for firm contacts, added ability to attach firm contact(s) to any matter, upgraded report filter to be able retrieve large amounts of data over many years
*companion phone and tablet app available at https://app.lawtoolbox.com
*pending: incorporate isprivate and canaccessadminportal switches into bot, optimize edit deadline function to speed up processing
*when users added midstream to an existing matter that already has deadlines, those deadlines will now be added automatically to that users outlook calendar (they no longer have to look for an email from Microsoft alerting them to deadlines in an existing matter and manually accept those deadlines)
*When user tries to access a matter to which they are not a member or owner in Groups – a popup message will alert them that they do not have access and it will give them a link to request access that will auto send an email to existing group members
*when a user tries to set up a matter using a name that already exists for that firm a message will block use of that name
*emergency upgrade when Microsoft changed the logic on how deadlines can be added to group members calendars (Microsoft used to add group as attendee as default now that has to be explicitly added)
*when user emails themselves the date range report it now reflects any filters they have applied
*added a function to download a csv version of the date range report so users can open and manipulate in excel
*case sharing report has been added so users can see a comprehensive list of who is on which case
*added function where case sharing report can be filtered, emailed to the viewing user, and downloaded in csv format
*on matter deadline chart allday miscellaneous events have been renamed from “appointment” to “deadline”
*when users are added or removed from a matter an email is auto sent to the LTB firm admin email (but not to the user who was added or removed)
*code added to catch non alpha-numeric values submitted to repeat calculator *implemented dialogue api for authentication to avoid popup windows